Green Pea Cookie, I feel is one of those very understated cookie. If Chinese New Year Cookies were a group of friends, Green Pea would be the wallflower, Pineapple Cookies would be my popular & vivacious friends and Me, I am definitely the Walnut Cookie, the Nutty & Klutzy one in the group haha 😛
Lol anyhow, while Green Pea Cookie is very often overlooked compared to her more flashy friends, she is so so yummy. And it’s the type of cookie that the more you eat, the more you want more.
And it is a very easy recipe. Oh well maybe not my first round Cos the first time I made it, I had to wash the peas, dry them, roast and then grind them 😥 . Definitely not this Lazy Mommy idea of a lazy way to bake lol.
I might be lazy but I’m definitely determined when it comes to finding lazy ways to bake quality food. So this time, I had this bright idea and it actually worked!!!! 😉
Instead of fresh peas, I used these green pea snacks 😎 & they work perfectly! 😀 . Just make sure you are using the plain flavored ones and not the Wasabi Spicy ones lol. Otherwise, be prepared for a very spicy cookie hahaa..
- 1 Cup Ground Green Peas
- 1.5 Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Icing Sugar
- 100 gram Vegetable Oil
- 1 beaten Egg Yolk to glaze the top of cookies
- Combine top 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl until well mixed into a dough
- If too dry, add a bit more oil gradually
- If too oily, add a bit more flour gradually
- I find this recipe very forgiving
- Glaze the top of cookies
- Bake in Vortex Plus for 12 mins
- Switch the trays midway
- When it’s done, let it cool before storing it. This would stay well in freezer as well.
They were soooo yummy 😀