Yahoo! Finally it’s the weekend & I get to try out my Christmas Gift from my hubby – the Instant Pot Vortex Plus Air Fryer 😀 & I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They got me at Deep Fried Juicy Chicken Wings LOL
So while it’s called an Air Fryer, IT BOASTS a total of 7 functions!! Well, I hope the other 6 functions lives up to the Air Fryer function I used tonight :D. Only time and a lot of cooking will tell 😀
With this appliance, you can Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Broil, Reheat, Dehydrate and Rotisserie cook your food…I don’t know how other Vortex Plus users feel but I kinda feel like this is my adult version of the Easy-Bake Oven LOL. Oh well, i must be missing my childhood 😀
Anyhow, I got this at Christmas and when i did the initial testing as per the instruction manual, i was really disappointed at how loud the appliance was. And I was actually having thoughts about returning the product. I am so glad though that I decided to give it a try first because I can tell you this!!
This Bad Ass Vortex Plus is not going anywhere!!! I love it! 🙂
So let me tell you about these Chicken Wings. I love love love Chicken Wings! But I am quite picky about my Chicken Wings. My favorite chicken wings are from a food stall in Singapore Ghim Moh Market. You know that I’m a serious fan when the owners of the food stall knows me hahaha..
Since moving to Canada many years ago, I have found other good chicken wings but never found one that could rival my favorite in Singapore. So, I can’t believe that the first wings I made using my Vortex Plus tonight actually reminds me of my favorite wings in Singapore. So much so that I ate 3 chicken wings after 9:00pm…Oops I dun even want to think about how many calories that is but whatever. Clean eating can come another day lol.
It’s a really easy recipe too 🙂
- Whole Chicken Wings
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Less than a tsp of oil (to grease the 2 grill plates slightly)
- Marinate the chicken wings in all the ingredients except oil and leave it in fridge for 2 hours for better tasting chicken wings
- Note that I had enough marinate for 14 wings but the Vortex Plus could only hold 10 whole chicken wings comfortably
- Start the Air Fryer function at 380 F or 193 C and set time to 30 minutes
- Once it beeps and signals to “Add Food”, insert your 2 grill trays with the wings in. You can see in video I didn’t use oven mitts at this stage but I highly suggest you wearing one every time you insert a tray in cos it just takes a second of carelessness to get yourself burned
- Midway through, it will signal you to switch the trays
- Switch the 2 trays and close the oven (MAKE SURE YOU USE OVEN MITTS!!)
- 30 minutes of waiting is over and I eagerly get my wings out!!
- REMEMBER THE OVEN MITTS! I can’t emphasize that enough.
- Enjoy! 😀
Enjoy the video and the wings & let me know how it turns out for you or share with me your favorite chicken wing recipe!
I know my 2 favorite men gave them the Thumbs Up! 😎 😎 😎 That make this Lazy Mommy soooo very happy